Feeling emo tonight again, after coming back from a good Young Adult Fellowship session...
Was thinking about Starry Night that took place yesterday, and became extremely emo about it...
So here goes... Firstly, Starry Night made me think of the song that was played repeatedly throughout 溏心风暴, which was a show which I discussed extensively with her while we were together. We made silly comparisons to who I was more similar to, 还可以 or 程亮. When she was overseas, I wrote silly "diary" entries to her that followed the same way like "没有(Insert Name)的日子,第XX天 - ..."
The song which 还可以 always blew on his saxophone at Victoria Harbour...
Don McLean - Vincent (Starry Starry Night)
Starry, starry night.
Paint your palette blue and grey,
Look out on a summer's day,
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.
Shadows on the hills,
Sketch the trees and the daffodils,
Catch the breeze and the winter chills,
In colors on the snowy linen land.
Now I understand what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they did not know how.
Perhaps they'll listen now.
Starry, starry night.
Flaming flowers that brightly blaze,
Swirling clouds in violet haze,
Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue.
Colors changing hue, morning field of amber grain,
Weathered faces lined in pain,
Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.
Now I understand what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they did not know how.
Perhaps they'll listen now.
For they could not love you,
But still your love was true.
And when no hope was left in sight
On that starry, starry night,
You took your life, as lovers often do.
But I could have told you, Vincent,
This world was never meant for one
As beautiful as you.
Starry, starry night.
Portraits hung in empty halls,
Frameless head on nameless walls,
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget.
Like the strangers that you've met,
The ragged men in the ragged clothes,
The silver thorn of bloody rose,
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow.
Now I think I know what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they're not listening still.
Perhaps they never will...
One of the seniors proposed to his girlfriend after performing the second of five songs of his portion, the song by the late Taiwanese songwriter and singer, 张雨生...
天天想你 - 张雨生
当我伫立在窗前
你越走越远
我的每一次心跳
你是否听见
当我徘徊在深夜
你在我心田
你的每一句誓言
回荡在耳边
隐隐约约闪动的双眼
藏着你的羞怯
加深我的思念
两颗心的交界
你一定会看见
只要你愿意走向前
天天想你 天天问自己
到什么时候才能告诉你
天天想你 天天守住一颗心
把我最好的爱留给你
I think this song perfectly encapsulated how I felt towards her the past few months... going back from full fledged love to an inexplicable crush and longing for love and to be loved.
I told her (somehow indirectly) that I have gotten over her already - that is rationally true.
What is torturing me now is the inexplicable deafening silence of loneliness that echoes around a recovering broken heart.
When will I ever be free from being plagued by this feeling of emo sorrow?
I feel like going to K-Box or Partyworld now... Sing all my woes out. And revert to the old ways of wanting to cry but never having the tears...
18th April 2008 will remain the one and only day I cried for her.
And this wretched and deceitful heart of mine yearns for another girl whom I would love to cry for...
Where is she?
Maybe I will dream her into life... like "I knew I loved you" by Savage Garden.
Ha. Crap.
Emo night. BLEH
Was thinking about Starry Night that took place yesterday, and became extremely emo about it...
So here goes... Firstly, Starry Night made me think of the song that was played repeatedly throughout 溏心风暴, which was a show which I discussed extensively with her while we were together. We made silly comparisons to who I was more similar to, 还可以 or 程亮. When she was overseas, I wrote silly "diary" entries to her that followed the same way like "没有
The song which 还可以 always blew on his saxophone at Victoria Harbour...
Don McLean - Vincent (Starry Starry Night)
Starry, starry night.
Paint your palette blue and grey,
Look out on a summer's day,
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.
Shadows on the hills,
Sketch the trees and the daffodils,
Catch the breeze and the winter chills,
In colors on the snowy linen land.
Now I understand what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they did not know how.
Perhaps they'll listen now.
Starry, starry night.
Flaming flowers that brightly blaze,
Swirling clouds in violet haze,
Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue.
Colors changing hue, morning field of amber grain,
Weathered faces lined in pain,
Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.
Now I understand what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they did not know how.
Perhaps they'll listen now.
For they could not love you,
But still your love was true.
And when no hope was left in sight
On that starry, starry night,
You took your life, as lovers often do.
But I could have told you, Vincent,
This world was never meant for one
As beautiful as you.
Starry, starry night.
Portraits hung in empty halls,
Frameless head on nameless walls,
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget.
Like the strangers that you've met,
The ragged men in the ragged clothes,
The silver thorn of bloody rose,
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow.
Now I think I know what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they're not listening still.
Perhaps they never will...
One of the seniors proposed to his girlfriend after performing the second of five songs of his portion, the song by the late Taiwanese songwriter and singer, 张雨生...
天天想你 - 张雨生
当我伫立在窗前
你越走越远
我的每一次心跳
你是否听见
当我徘徊在深夜
你在我心田
你的每一句誓言
回荡在耳边
隐隐约约闪动的双眼
藏着你的羞怯
加深我的思念
两颗心的交界
你一定会看见
只要你愿意走向前
天天想你 天天问自己
到什么时候才能告诉你
天天想你 天天守住一颗心
把我最好的爱留给你
I think this song perfectly encapsulated how I felt towards her the past few months... going back from full fledged love to an inexplicable crush and longing for love and to be loved.
I told her (somehow indirectly) that I have gotten over her already - that is rationally true.
What is torturing me now is the inexplicable deafening silence of loneliness that echoes around a recovering broken heart.
When will I ever be free from being plagued by this feeling of emo sorrow?
I feel like going to K-Box or Partyworld now... Sing all my woes out. And revert to the old ways of wanting to cry but never having the tears...
18th April 2008 will remain the one and only day I cried for her.
And this wretched and deceitful heart of mine yearns for another girl whom I would love to cry for...
Where is she?
Maybe I will dream her into life... like "I knew I loved you" by Savage Garden.
Ha. Crap.
Emo night. BLEH