Monday, January 05, 2009

On the 6th Day...

It's been two days of staying home - due to a tad of laziness coupled with a need to save Euros for some delayed gratification when I travel around Europe later during the exchange.

So I spent yesterday swashbuckling through 家好月圆, which led to me finally completing all 40 episodes in slightly past 3 days - my fastest ever record for HK Drama. It is seriously addictiive, only second to its first series, 溏心风暴. The love story wasn't as touching this time round, I didn't think it was even heart-wrenching. But, okay la, in real life there's hardly such heart-wrenching stories anyways. Or maybe during that time I could feel it more. Haha...

School's starting next week, and I spent the second half of today looking through the modules offered one more time. It appears that I can only clear 4 CUs of modules here, meaning I have to complete 5 CUs of modules in SMU in my final semester there - which, in any case, is fine by me also.

I listened to the sermon by Mark Driscoll on Generosity (2 Corinthians 8) today, and it reminded me of a couple of things which I constantly need to remind myself of in life, and this statement caught hold of me the most:

Love people by using money; do not love money and use people.

How true is this? Even as I scrimp and save I need to remind myself that money and other material blessings are but from God and instead of being obsessed on how we can improve our standard of living, lets instead try to ponder on how to improve our standard of giving.

On a side note, here's my lunch - Chicken slices stir fried with ginger and soya sauce, and stir fried veggies. And the cake was given by my very nice landlord who baked it for his daughter and son-in-law who came to visit. :)



I was listening to some songs, and today this song by 陈奕迅 struck me as very meaningful. Read it for yourselves! :)

兄妹
对我好对我好好到无路可退
可是我也很想有个人陪
再不愿把你得罪 一时那么依偎
一时进一时退保持安全范围
这个阴谋让我好惭愧
享受被爱滋味
却不让你想入非非

就让我们虚伪 有感情别浪费
不能相爱的一对 亲爱像两兄妹
爱让我们虚伪 我得到于事无补的安慰
你也得到模仿爱上一个人的机会
残忍也不失慈悲 这样的关系你说多完美

人看你 看着我 看得那么暧昧
被爱爱人原来一样可悲
为什么竟然防备 别人给我羡媚
不能推不能要要了怕你误会
让我想起曾经爱过谁
我所要的他不给
好像小偷一样卑微

就让我们虚伪 有感情别浪费
不能相爱的一对 亲爱像两兄妹
爱让我们虚伪 我得到于事无补的安慰
你也得到模仿爱上一个人的机会
残忍也不失慈悲 这样的关系你说多完美