Sunday, July 12, 2009

Recent Reflections

I haven't had much to blog about of late - am just trying to figure out how to spend the free evenings I have aside from Bible Studies on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Somehow, of late these nights which I have free for myself - I'm trying not to be at home because somehow I'll start thinking of things I should not be thinking of - which always gives me compelling reasons to keep reading the Bible every train ride because I trust God to show me the things which I should be thinking of instead.

My last semester as an undergraduate is about to begin in a month's time. I managed to get 4/5 of my bids, save for TWC, for which by the grace of God 1 slot has emerged from the section which I failed to get my bid in the first round - I'm going to empty my e-Bank for this! This will hopefully secure my first and last two-day week in SMU which will look like this:

Mondays: 0830 - 1145: TWC; 1530 - 1845: Strategy; 1900 - 2215: Entrepreneurial Management
Wednesdays: 1200 - 1515: Doing Business in China; 1530 - 1845: Ethics & Social Responsibility

This will then leave me with sufficient time to commit my Tuesdays to CF. Good stuff :)

The semester ahead is by no means an easy one. Firstly, squeezing 5 modules into 2 days will in no doubt drain me pretty much by the time Wednesdays draw to a close every week. Secondly, the job hunt will start. In the midst of a global recession, and seeing the difficulty the graduating seniors had in securing a job which allows for both serving in church ministries and matching personal interests, I am in no illusion that my job hunt will be any less tedious. Thirdly, I will have to deal with preparing for changes in life, in church and perhaps serving in CF, and life after school. To that end, I have already started looking into some of the issues so that when school starts I will have less to juggle on my plate.

In the midst of all these uncertainties, only one thing is certain: God will use the semester ahead to mould me to be more mature in Christ - no matter how tough it may seem while I'm in the midst of all this, when I look back when it's all over I know that I'll sing God's praise.

I pray that I will glorify God in my last 6 months as an undergraduate.