Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Ultimate Debt Payor

"And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross." - Colossians 2:13-14

Last night, as I listened to the sermon preached on these verses, I got very heavy hearted. Indeed, it is so easily for the awareness of how much debt against God's perfect standard which I have been stacking up day after day slip by. Jesus did not die on the cross for my sins of the past before I became a Christian; He died for my sins before, now, and in the future. How amazing is that? His blood is more than enough a payment for all the sins I will ever commit! Praise God!

C.J. Mahaney is known to, whenever asked, "How is your day?", reply, "Better than I deserve". Indeed, every single day I live is abounding in God's grace to me, whether I realize it or not. And I pray that I will always be thankful about to God and be ever grateful to His divine grace. Yet, the greatest grace that He has given me is the promise of eternal life - not earned through any works of mine, but a gift from Him.

Indeed, as I continue to be astounded by the expanse of God's grace in my life, may I continue to abound in thanksgiving and strive to live my life for God in total submission to His will.

To God be the Glory!