I suppose the title of this blog has a double meaning to it.
Firstly, I must apologize for the long delay in blogging, for I had been attending The Living Word 2008 Bible Exposition by Professor Don Carson at the St. Andrews Cathedral from Tuesday to Thursday. It was an extremely enriching 3 days hearing Professor Carson preach Revelations 12-14, especially because Revelations is such a hard Book to understand. I have learned so much from these 3 days, I don't even know where to start. So I'll just tell you how it ended. It was rather heavy-hearted, for Revelations 14 was about heaven and hell, about where the people with God's mark on their forehead and where the people with the Devil's mark on their forehead will go (symbolic mark - not a physical one). Most of us got rather emotional, or at least started thinking deeply, when we began imagining our loved ones (Non-Christian friends and worse, family) being condemned to eternal torment in hell. Professor Carson said that many times preachers would preach about what was said in Scripture about how we should worship God, how we should live, how we should love, but few preachers would preach about heaven and hell, because it was a difficult subject to preach on. How easy can it get to tell an unbeliever the torment he or she would be subject to? Not very, to say the least.
Secondly, today is my last day at work. From the time you see this post, you can easily gather that I have pretty much nothing to do in the last hour of internship, hence the time to post. Over the last 3 months, I have learned many things about financial modelling (I must profess I still cannot do a great financial model, but at least a bit better off) and more importantly, doing business. My boss's mind is very sharp, so I learned a lot on how business is done in the real world. In retrospect, I don't really miss work, because it was just probably a mechanical process that I have to go through to earn the experience and mature as a person. However, the friendships that I made in this internship would be much more valuable, such as my colleagues and fellow interns. Tim especially has been a great buddy in both working hard and keng-ing, so Thanks Tim!!!
I am looking forward to freedom - this fresh breath of air has been long awaited. Sports, games, waking up at 10am, and many more things I can do when this internship end. Freedom, here I come! :)