Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On God's Grace... and More

Dear blog,

It was extremely enlightening to see my dear friend and fellow intern Tim living a life closer and closer to what God's Word teaches us over the past few weeks of our internship. Firstly, God's grace enabled him to decide to go for the whole SMU Christian Fellowship Camp, and through that he rediscovered the joys of being a Christian again. That culminated in him giving thanks before food yesterday (I have never seen him do that throughout my internship!), which was a small gesture, but extremely heartening nonetheless. On Sunday, while both of us were having a meeting with boss, we encouraged each other to neither take up the cigars nor drink the wine that boss offered to us (we just let the wine touch our lips - and it was a limited edition Martini!). Praise God for helping Tim and I encourage and admonish each other at our workplace, where temptations are many.

Over the last week since I officially became a Christian, I have found many wonderous things happening to me in my life. Despite suffering many setbacks in the form of my parents being strongly against my faith, my having problems in my love life, and temptations at the workplace, I have actually began to lead a life that's turning out to be getting more and more in tandem with God's Word! In the face of my parents' persecution, I found the temperance to suck it all up and not retaliate - something which I would surely have done in the past. There are many other examples on the differences I felt within me in the past week, but I can't recall them off the cuff. Sure, there are still many things that I am suffering from, but I feel that all will be well in the end if I leave my worries to God and just do as He wills me to. Plus, the support network at SMUCF is really really great. Thank you to everyone who have consistently encouraged me, so that I face my troubles with greater confidence and faith. :D

And last night I became a pot of honey waiting at the end of the rainbow!